Hello my beauties,
I am super excited to share with you my latest skincare found. It’s the Sheet Mask!!
I’ve always been much of a taking beauty regimen at home kind of person, for this I keep looking for new products and this time i stumbled upon Sheet Masks and officially in love with it!! and wait there’s a little surprise for you towards the end of the blog.
What is a sheet mask??
Sheet masks are face-shaped sheet fabrics soaked in nutrition-packed concentrated serum. The sheet is made up of variety of materials including papers, fibers or gel types. These sheets actually create a barrier for the concentrated serum from quick evaporation and extends the time frame for the penetration of all the beneficial ingredients deep into the skin and basically “force feeding” your skin.
How to select??
Well the sheet mask industry is full of choices and types of sheet masks. All you have to do is to choose the mask sheet according to your skin condition or concern, whatever it is you have got a sheet mask in every price range.
Trouble & Pore Care – Tannins
Sensitive Skin – Madecassoside
How to get best out of Sheet Mask??
Prep your face
- Cleanse your face using my face cleansing technique mentioned in my previous blog My Everyday Skin Care Routine | Secrets from Step 2 to Step 5, or
- Remove all your makeup
- Wash your face
- Cleanse with Toner
- Moisturise your eyes and lips as the sheet mask do not cover eyes and lips and you don’t want to keep those portions bare for long.
Place the Sheet Mask
- Start placing it from the top of your forehead and place it downwards.
- There must be some extra serum left in the packet you can put that on your hands and neck. (Why to waste the leftover!!)
Track the time
- Keep the sheet on your face not exceeding the time mentioned on the cover usually 10-20 min, if you go beyond that time the sheet may dry and start absorbing the moisture from your face instead.
Taking it off
- Gently pull off the sheet mask. I usually squeeze out extra serum left on the sheet and apply that all over my face, neck and hands.
- Massage the serum on your face or pat them for better absorption.
- Do not wash it off, you can keep it on as long as you want.
- If you need extra moisturisation you can put moisturiser of your choice on it.
How often to use??
The whole key behind the getting most out of sheet masks is consistency. It’s Korea’s Top Beauty Trend to use one sheet mask a day, they use sheet mask every single day. Well one sheet mask a day for a year sounds a bit expensive, you can always go for one sheet mask a day for a week and find the difference or apply 2-3 times a week.
Check out any sales in the sheet mask, stock it up, and use as often you want.
DIY Sheet Masks
Surprise!!! Yes you can always make your own sheet masks at home.
This one is my favourite DIY: The Skin Brightening Sheet:
Take cotton pads, cotton paper, tissue, rice paper, silk or blank sheet mask. Take a bowl, add half a cup of freshly brewed and cooled green tea. Add 5 drops of almond oil, 1/2 teaspoon of honey, few drops of rose water and 1 teaspoon of glycerin. Dip the sheet mask into the solution, until fully saturated. To remove the excess, wring it lightly. Gently lay down the mask onto your face. Let it sit for 30 minutes and then remove. Wash off the excess residue with plain water.
Please let me know which is your favorite sheet mask.
If you enjoyed my blog : like it down below, comment and care to share and do share your experiences!!
For more updates you can even follow me on my Facebook page : Beauty with Pallavi
Wish you beautiful day, stay happy & stay beautiful..